Wednesday 19 July 2017

Cheating techniques by supervisors during school exams exposed!



The Executive Secretary, Benue State Examination Board, Mr Alexander Asen, has exposed some clever techniques devised by some supervisors in  aiding cheating by some students during certificate examinations in the state. 

Asen told Newsmen on Wednesday in Makurdi that some of the techniques included the use of non verbal communication skills and loud speakers where answers to questions are read out. 

He said the use of body gestures was the most commonly used by supervisors to provide answers to questions. “I noticed this when I paid a surprise visit to one remote school in one part of the state, where I saw an invigilator using his fingers to communicate answers to students. 

“He was raising his fingers intermittently, sometimes he would raise one, yet at other times, three or four while he occasionally jumped. “I asked the principal if the man was okay, but he simply laughed it off. 

“In my curiosity to find out what was happening, I asked a student, who didn’t know me what was the problem with the fellow in the examination hall and he told me with excitement that “today’s exam was good”. 

“Each time the man raised his finger up, the answer to the question was A, two fingers meant B, while three, four and five fingers up represented C, D and E respectively”.

More...

No comments:

Post a Comment